Monday, May 6, 2019

Maia's poem 2019


Maia won first prize in the West Roxbury Library Poetry Contest with this poem.  The theme of the contest was Look Closer.  

Look Closer

by

Maia 

A speck
A form
A shape
A living thing
A mammal
A human
A female girl
A brunette
A gold eyed girl
A pale girl
A scared girl
A confident girl
An ambitious girl
A girl
Who wonders
Things like
Why should it matter
If to someone off in the distance
I am a speck
Things like
Why should it matter
If I never change the world
Who
Would
Ever
Know
A girl
Who answers
Things like
Because to a speck that I see
I am a giant
Thing like
Because it would matter to me
If I just disappeared
From existence
Without
Making a difference
A girl
Who decides
Things like
Then I will avoid stepping on
every
speck on the sidewalk
That moves
Things like
Then I will change the world
A little bit
At
A time
All this
From
just
 a speck.


1 comment:

charismama said...

That’s really good! That’s deep! That’s like college level. From Lucy L